Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Introducing Tony!

Tony is the resident Ocellaris Clownfish of the nano reef.  I expect him to be the one and only fish in the tank to keep the bio-load low.


Tony the Ocellaris Clownfish



I looked at a few different fish options:

Goby/Pistol Shrimp Combo:  I thought about having a pistol shrimp and 1-2 gobies in the tank, but I wanted a fish that would swim around all areas of the tank.

Damsel:  A damsel is a fish that would swim in all areas of the reef, but I was concerned about the potential aggressiveness to other fish if I upgraded to a larger tank someday.

Cherub Angelfish:  I really like Cherub Angelfish, but the size of tank and length leaves not enough swimming room.

Clownfish:  Ultimately,  I decided on a clownfish.  It fit all of my criteria for what I was looking for in a single fish tank.  I thought about a designer clownfish, but realized I would be just as happy with an Ocellaris clownfish.


Tony the Ocellaris Clownfish

No comments:

Post a Comment